Re: [Orgmode] org-babel and Xemacs incompatibilities

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel and Xemacs incompatibilities
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:26:37 -0600

More replies,

"Dr. Volker Zell" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
[...]
> And two more
>
>  o Symbol's function definition is void: assoc-default when trying to display
> an image

This is actually an issue in the core of org-mode as `assoc-default' is
called by `org-open-at-point'.  I'm not sure how Carsten would want to
handle this.  The `assoc-default' function is pretty simple and could be
coppied into org-mode.  Again I don't know how these xemacs
compatibility issues are normally handled.

>  o Symbol's function definition is void: make-temp-file when using
> org-babel-dot

Hmm, `make-temp-file' is used throughout pretty much all of the
org-babel language specific files.  Maybe we should just copy this
function directly into org-babel.  This seems like commonly useful
functionality, I wonder how other xemacs packages handle similar
requirements.

Sorry I'm not much help here, these fixes should be straightforward once
the "best practices" for xemacs compatibility is known.

Thanks -- Eric