Re: [Orgmode] Conflict with calendar/diary frame setting and timestamps.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Conflict with calendar/diary frame setting and timestamps.
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 08:04:50 +0200

On May 21, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Kevin Kinnell wrote:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but inserting timestamps
via the org-time-stamp family of functions doesn't work if
the calender is set to display in a different frame.

When I have a minute, I'll go to the source and see if I
can figure out how to make it work if calendar is set to
open in a dedicated frame.  I have to believe there is at
least one other person out there who wants to use org mode
and a dedicated frame for calendar.  'B)>

I think that for inserting a date with Org-mode, opening the calendar in a separate frame would be a badly designed interface, because it slows down the interaction. So the solution here would be to force the calendar into the current frame for the duration of the timestamp command.

What customization have you used to get the calendar into a dedicated frame?

- Carsten

--
Kevin Kinnell
Interface Programmer