[Orgmode] Passing options for latex table export

From: John Hendy
Subject: [Orgmode] Passing options for latex table export
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:15:51 -0500

Hi,

I'm writing a report and would like to pass something like the \begin{sidewaystable} or \begin{rotate}{90} option but it's not going so hot. I tried putting

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{sidewaystable}
#+END_LaTeX

|table|goes|here|

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\end{sidewaystable}
#+END_LaTeX

That didn't work.

The manual discusses passing options to override the default orgtbl-to-generic which seemed possible; perhaps some way of altering the line:
:tstart (concat "\\begin{tabular}{" alignment "}")
Maybe getting \\begin{sidewaystable} in there somehow before \\begin{tabular}...

Is there a recommended way to pass various table options? I've wondered the same for getting vertical lines in between columns but not come up with anything for org-mode, just exporting and then doctoring up the generated .tex file afterwards, which is cumbersome since every .org file change requires an export and then another editing of selected sections in the .tex file.

I'm sure there's a way, I just haven't found it...

Thanks!
John