[Orgmode] Re: A request: Moving away from ChangeLog

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A request: Moving away from ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:47:31 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

Hi John,

>   Line 1 is a <50 character short description
>
>   Line 3 starts a 72-column full commit entry, formatted just like a
>   ChangeLog entry, but without leading whitespace or '*'.  If a changed
>   file is mentioned, the mention isn't repeated by git-changelog; but
>   if it's not mentioned, it gets added automatically to the generated
>   ChangeLog.

I think it would be better if line 3+ would be exact ChangeLog entries
format-wise, so that you can still use emacs' ChangeLog facilities
(`add-change-log-entry').  I don't really want to write the changed file
and function names on my own, and adding them correctly is exactly what
that function does very well.

Bye,
Tassilo