Re: [Orgmode] Heirarchy and indenting of plain text belonging to headlin

From: Stephan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Heirarchy and indenting of plain text belonging to headline of same indent
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:11:23 +0200

Hi Robin,

No, there is no possibility to return to a
higher level without a new headline.

The concept of book chapters and sections is
here more appropriate than code blocks.
Although this restricts somewhat the flexibility
of the outline structure, it is unlikely to be
changed in the future.

If you need the embedded /Head 2/ block for a
todo task, you can use inline tasks as a
workaround (look it up in the manual).  There
are also some other threads in the mail archive
of this list discussing this problem.

Hth,
        Stephan

Also sprach Robin Message:
Dear list,

I'm just getting started with orgmode and it seems to do exactly what I need for outlining except for one thing - text always belongs to the headline immediately above it. I would like text to belong to the headline above it that it is indented to. Sort of like how blocks of code are handled in Python.

As an example, given the text (assuming odd levels only)
* Head 1
  Body 1
*** Head 2
    Body 2
  More Body 1

Head 1 should fold to:
* Head 1
  Body 1
*** Head 2...
  More Body 1

At the moment, head 1 would fold to
* Head 1
  Body 1
*** Head 2...

But more body 1 is missing. Is there any way to get it handled as belonging to * Head 1, not *** Head 2?

Alternatively, is there some kind of headline ending command or some way of easily adding one, e.g.
* Head 1
  Body 1
*** Head 2
    Body 2