[Orgmode] Problem org-beamer export

From: Marvin Doyley
Subject: [Orgmode] Problem org-beamer export
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:16:57 -0400

Hi there,

Org beamer has proven to be an invaluable tool, I use it not only for preparing lecture notes but also for all my presentation - farewell powerpoint :)  However, I recently upgraded my current version of org to 6.36. I love the new inline image, but their seem to be a bug in the latex export.  It would appear that org-export-latex still does a good job in translating org files to latex, but for some reason I get an error when issue C-C C-e C-p . More specifically,  pdftex.def Error: Option 'pdftex' requires pdfTex. What is interesting is 1) if I compile the resulting latex file from the command line everything  works fine, 2) I don't get an  error when there is an existing pdf file when I issue C-C C-e C-p,  but the pdf  doesn't get updated - it seems to skip the compiling stage if the pdf file is there.

Does anybody have any suggestion how to resolve this issue.
thanks

PS I am using carbon emac on snow leopard and mactex 2009

---
Marvin Doyley, PhD
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Rochester
413 Hopeman Engineering Building
PO Box 270126
Rochester NY 14627