Re: [Orgmode] Final Question: Usage

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Final Question: Usage
Date: 29 Apr 2010 10:43:37 +0200

David Frascone <address@hidden> writes:

> doesn't know about it till I add it.  Should I be using agenda mode to
> track todos?  (This goes with my calendar questions a bit in the other
> mail).  If I do use agenda mode, how do I add multiple files?

You can define a variable for this.

(defvar org-gtd-file "~/aktuell/mygtd.org")
(defvar org-gtd-other-files)

(setq org-gtd-file "~/aktuell/mygtd.org")
(setf org-gtd-other-files (list "~/aktuell/notes.org"))
(setf org-agenda-files (cons org-gtd-file org-gtd-other-files))

The fourth line can contain as many files as you want to be evaluated by
the agenda-view, separated by space.

> How do I work with multiple files?  Is there an easy way to jump back
> and forth from them, if I start making one file for Bugs, one for
> Escalations, one for projects, one for notes, etc?

You can use bookmarks, buffer-cycling, links or just define keys to find
the files.

Greetings,

Sven