[Orgmode] Re: Bug in org-inlinetask - was: Re: Feature suggestion: highl

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug in org-inlinetask - was: Re: Feature suggestion: highlights
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:33:45 -0400

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>> Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Ahhrg - yes. I never use this kind of todo items.
>>>
>>> I don't know what the others think of this. But this feels wrong,
>>> doesn't it? I'd expect an empty line to break out of the todo. Am I
>>> missing a variable some where?
>>
>> I believe the 'empty line breaks out' idea is for exporting inline tasks
>> only - they don't behave that way in regular org files IIRC.
>

> That's exactly the term I meant and I was looking for: `inline tasks'
>
> But unfortunately empty lines do NOT break out of inline tasks.
> I thought they would...
>
> Why are they called `inline tasks' then?

I don't know :)  Maybe because they don't fold like regular tasks.  I've
really only played with this feature a little and didn't find it
particularly useful for my needs.

> If I do
>
>   `M-x org-inlinetask-insert-task'

Hmm I didn't know about this function.  I just make a regular task and
shift it to the right enough so that the stars change to indicate it's
inline (the few times I tried using it) ... so I had no end marker.
Someday I'll look at this again from a user-point-of-view.

-Bernt