[Orgmode] org-protocol and web links

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] org-protocol and web links
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:12:31 +0200

Does anyone have a "w" template  which can  store a hot link using the
page title (not just the url) in addition to the selection under the
title line? The problem I find is that I havent got the combo right to
do this : if I select something on a conkeror page and then call
org-remember the selection becomes the %c which is usually used to store
an encoded title and url org link.

e.g I want my new org item first line to be something like the following
if I invoke org-remember from conkeror on a web page having first
hilited "blah blah" somewhere on the page

,----
| * org mode home page
|
| blah blah
`----

where "org mode home page" is actually an encoded link.

Sure, right now  I can have

,----
| * http://www.orgmode.org
|
| title : org mode home page
|
| blah blah
`----

by using %:link,%:description and %:initial but I cant see a way to
create a hotlink using the page title which is more ideal IF I also
select some text with the mouse - X automatically puts that in the
clipboard.

thanks

r.