Re: [Orgmode] iCalendar export using wrong directory?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] iCalendar export using wrong directory?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:01:17 +0200

Hi David,

On Mar 24, 2010, at 3:27 AM, David A. Gershman wrote:

Hello,

My .emacs includes these lines:
'(org-agenda-files (quote ("projects.org" "calendar.org")))
'(org-directory "~/")
'(org-combined-agenda-icalendar-file "~/webdav/org.ics")

~/webdav is used for my MobileOrg staging area also.  In my
'org-directory' are my source .org files including one called
'calendar.org'.  My ~/webdav directory normally also has the 'staged'
version for MobileOrg. During debugging this problem though, I removed
it from ~/webdav so I have only the source in ~/.

In short, directory state is:

 ~/
    projects.org
    calendar.org
    webdav/
           projects.org
           checksum.dat
           index.org
           {no calendar.org}

When I issue 'org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files', I get the
following error:

non-existent agenda file calendar.org. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?

This leads me to believe, 'org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda- files' is using files in the '~/webdav' directory and not my source files for the
export.  Is this how it's supposed to work?? i.e. use the "path"
included in 'org-combined-agenda-icalendar-file'?

org-agenda-files should contain absolute files names, not relative ones. The best way to make this variable is to use `C-c [' in the buffers you want to add.

So you should clear the list first, then add the files you want again. Or, write

   (setq org-agenda-files '("~/calendar.org" "~/projects.org"))

but note that this will then always overwrite this variable. Even if you add files later with `C-c [', the list will be baack to the old value with the next Emacs restart.

HTH

- Carsten