[Orgmode] Re: Auto-load files into agenda list

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Auto-load files into agenda list
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:21:39 -0400

,----
| If an entry is a directory, all files in that directory that are matched
| by `org-agenda-file-regexp' will be part of the file list.
`----

In other words,

(setq org-agenda-files "~/org/")

See also the following FAQ:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#set-agenda-files-using-wildcards

> Some of you might say to keep the journal in one big file. I just don't
> like it. Separate files make things more maneageble for me.

Calling org-agenda loads each one of your agenda files into a separate
buffer. That means 3 years from now emacs will have to open 1,000 files
and spawn 1,000 buffers to generate the agenda view. :)

Best,
Matt