Re: [Orgmode] Re: using orgmode to send html mail?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: using orgmode to send html mail?
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 20:41:56 -0600

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Okay, gave it a thought and here is my uber argument:
>
> Even if a MUA renders the entire message it will inevitably look ugly:
> Because the characters in the pure text/plain section will be rendered
> completely different than the characters in the html markup.  The
> entire message will look inconsistent.

Alright, here are two final points summarizing my perspective.

1) Emacs is not about the paternalistic removal of potentially unsafe
   functionality.  Emacs is about giving users as much power and choice
   as possible, even if that amounts to given them enough rope to hang
   themselves.

2) I've used this functionality, seen the results, and I like it

We may have to agree to disagree on this one.

All the Best -- Eric