Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Simon Brown
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:01:05 +0100

* Scott Brim (address@hidden) wrote:
> Wanderlust seems best at IMAP -- I would go there first, but if you've
> tolerated
> mutt's IMAP support this long, maybe you don't need good IMAP support.  VM
> has nice integration with w3m for HTML.  IMHO don't start on gnus if you've
> never used it.  Then there's MEW, which is also a good one.  They all work
> with
> mbox-style mail files.
I'm trying Wanderlust, but I've started to wonder if it's worth the
effort. I've moved from mbox to Maildirs but wanderlust doesn't seem
to be able to recognise the subdirectories. I don't want to be
changing config everytime I change a list subscription. I also have
yet to get it to successfully autheniticate with any imap server.

I've got nowhere near trying the org integration. I might try
installing vm 8.1 but at the moment I've already squandered far too
much time on this.

Thanks

Simon
--