[Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Scott Brim
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:36:48 +0000 (UTC)

Simon Brown <simon <at> cliffestones.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I currently use mutt as my email client but I'm looking for greater
> emacs integration and better html support. Org mode supports at least
> gnus, vm and wanderlust. Can anybody advise on the relative pros and
> cons? My main restriction is that I don't want to break my mutt setup,
> so the client must be able to work with my current collection of mbox
> files. I also have 3 IMAP accounts. Using emacs 23 and current org-mode.
>
> Simon

Wanderlust seems best at IMAP -- I would go there first, but if you've
tolerated
mutt's IMAP support this long, maybe you don't need good IMAP support.  VM
has nice integration with w3m for HTML.  IMHO don't start on gnus if you've
never used it.  Then there's MEW, which is also a good one.  They all work with
mbox-style mail files.