[Orgmode] question on missing scheduled entries in agenda

From: Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper
Subject: [Orgmode] question on missing scheduled entries in agenda
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:22:24 -0400

Dear Experts,

I have noticed that if I have a "nested entry" in an org-mode file, it
does not get picked up properly in my agenda.

For example, if I have something like the stuff shown below in an
org-mode file and I create an agenda or export it, I sometimes get an
entry for the top level item which includes the bottom level item. For
example, if I do "C-c C-e c" and export this to an icalendar agenda
then I get an entry for PLAN even though it is not schedule but I get
no entry for "quick morning stuff" even though it is scheduled. Any
thoughts on what I can do so that such scheduled items are handled
properly?

Thanks,
-Emin

example org-mode contents illustrating problem are shown below

* PLAN <2010-03-22 Mon>  :PLAN:DAILY:

** quick morning stuff
                        SCHEDULED: <2010-03-22 Mon 07:00-07:40>