[Orgmode] Re: Highlighting current header and its contents

From: Tom
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Highlighting current header and its contents
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:22:11 +0000 (UTC)

Dan Davison <davison <at> stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Your overlay code's instructive for me, but I don't understand the
> problem it's solving. Isn't the next heading made sufficiently distinct
> by being bold and coloured and having an asterisk in front of it?

Not really. My headings are not bold, because it's too heavy for
the eyes when several headings without content follow each
other. Too much boldness. :)

The color and the asterisk sometimes melt into the surroundings
when there is lots of text before it. Not distinctive enough.

The problem is I don't want to make headers too distinctive,
because when I use lots of empty headers below each other then I
don't want them to glow in my face. On the other hand, when
headings have text content then it should be separated clearly
from the surrounding headings.

Clearly, others have similar problems with it judging from the lots of
possible values of org-cycle-separator-lines.

But it's subjective, of course.