Re: [Orgmode] Git Store Link Broken?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Git Store Link Broken?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:34:52 +0100

Applied, thanks.

- Carsten

On Feb 20, 2010, at 7:48 PM, David Maus wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Daniel E. Doherty wrote:

Hello all,

I noticed when I upgraded org from 6.21 (which comes with Emacs) to the git version (6.34trans), org-store-link stopped working. When I try to store a link from dired, I get a stringp nil error, with this debugger
output:

It's a small glitch in `org-git-store-link': Orgmode calls all
registered store-link functions to see if one declares itself of being
responsible for the particular file or buffer.  `org-git-store-link'
tries to make an assumption on whether the file that is currently
visited is inside a git repository w/o taking into consideration that
there are buffers that are not associated with a file -- like a dired
buffer.

Attached patch fixes this.

HTH
-- David