Re: [Orgmode] orgmode Cell indentation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] orgmode Cell indentation
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:58:25 +0100

On Feb 12, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Brecht wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently using emacs to note down my progress on programming languages. Since I'm learning several at the same time now I keep differences between syntax in a table with Java / Scheme / C++ / SuperCollider / Ruby / Python as columns and
for example If / for / while / etc.. as rows.

My problem is I can't have any indentation in a table cell (at least it seems like that).
I can't even put spaces myself since a table update deletes them.
Does someone have an idea to solve this in my particular case?

I am afraid that yes, you cannot have indentation in org-mode table fields, an it is not likely that this will change. You might want to look into table.el for this applications, which Org will also correctly export.

- Carsten