Re: [Orgmode] Re: search for DEADLINE in warning period

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: search for DEADLINE in warning period
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:22:36 +0100

On Feb 9, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:
Is there a way to search for a timestamp, particularly a DEADLINE, that
is in its warning period?
[...]
I remove entries from the global TODO lists using the variables
org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled, org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines,
org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date

Matt's solution with 'near symbol is what I was looking for.

For this variable, `near' means the same as `t', or any non-nil value, in fact.

- Carsten

This leaves SCHEDULED and DEADLINE items only on the daily agenda view.

I use SCHEDULED to /send messages to the future/ and in fact I've got to
try to get rid of SCHEDULED and DEADLINEd TODOs from the agenda view
leaving there only unkeyworderd appointments. I use the
-SCHEDULED>="<now>" to hide them until they become relevant
(someday/maybe list). On the other hand DEDLINES are meant to be
completed by the the designated time but they are still TODOs (next
actions) and not appointments or things I've got to do *exactly* on that
date. So I'd like to keep them off of my agenda and on my TODO list. I
think I'll use (i haven't set up my gtd workflow completely yet) only
plain timestamps to make notes show up on the agenda.

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach