[Orgmode] org-remember support in xournal

From: D M German
Subject: [Orgmode] org-remember support in xournal
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:39:07 -0800

Hi everybody,

I am sorry I have been a bit slow to finish the integration of xournal
with remember mode. I think I got it working.

My branch of xournal is available at github:

http://github.com/jboecker/xournal

If the loaded file in xournal is a PDF, the remember link is created to
the .pdf file. Otherwise it is created to the .xoj file.

In both cases the protocol is docview:

emacsclient 'org-protocol://remember://docview:filename::pagenumber

Evince has become a bit trickier because it does not support jumping to
a specific page number (it uses labels instead). So I need to do a bit
more hacking within it.

Remember, this is an unofficial branch of xournal. It actually supports
more features than xournal (such as jumping to previous, next
annotation, very, very rough search features, and ability to attach
images to the xoj file.

--dmg

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/