Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-exam

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:56:23 -0700

Hi,

A first pass at this functionality has just been deployed.  The current
solution is very simple, but from here it should be relatively easy to
improve the look and feel of the exported names.

As described here [1], when exporting to html the source-name will be
included in a <label> element immediately preceding the <pre> block
containing the code, so

#+source: square
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var input=1
  (* input input)
#+end_src

will export to

<label class="org-src-name">square</label>
<pre class="src src-emacs-lisp">
#7f7f7f;">)</span>
</pre>

and in LaTeX the source-name will be added as a listings title element,
so the above block will export to the following LaTeX.

\lstset{language=Lisp}\begin{lstlisting}[title={square}]
(* input input)
\end{lstlisting}

Please let me know how this should be improved.

Thanks -- Eric

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Carsten and Nicolas,
>
> (BTW, Nicolas, excellent modifications made to the agenda look & feel!)
>
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>> when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
>>> value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,
>>>
>>> #+srcname: my_code_chunk
>>> #+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
>>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> would give:
>>>
>>> \lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
>>> \begin{lstlisting}
>>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>>> \end{lstlisting}
>>>
>>> (note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")
>>
>> Is there anyone besides Nicolas what would like to see the source name in
>> the exported listing?
>
> Yes! This is not only desired, but -- for me -- completely required: without
> it, you simply can't do real literate programming documentation...
>
> An example of how it would be nice to be (using NoWeb):
>
>     http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/ecm-noweb.pdf
>
> See my (unanswered) thread of 2009-12-04 at 12:13: "[babel] Org-babel vs NoWeb
> (and the like)".
>

>> Is that something that should be done in org-babel, or in the normal export
>> stuff?
>
> I would answer Org-babel, but if there is one thing I'm sure of, is that I
> don't understand all the implications of my answer. So, take it with low
> consideration.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Footnotes: