[Orgmode] org-datetree Some Suggestions

From: Ian Barton
Subject: [Orgmode] org-datetree Some Suggestions
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:32:44 +0000

This is a really nice addition to org. However, I have a couple of suggestions which I think might improve it.

At the moment dates are inserted as plain text. It would nice to have an option to insert the date as either an active or inactive date. Perhaps if there was a remember variable the user could simply surround it with either "[" or "<" as appropriate. Or maybe there is a better way?

At the moment the date formats are hard coded. It would be nice if there was a date format variable that the user could set, with some sensible default (like the current one).

Ian.