Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode to blog with Drupal/Wordpress?

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode to blog with Drupal/Wordpress?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:39:21 +0100

Hi Uri,

At Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:19:27 -0500,
U Avalos wrote:

> Hi all. I know that there are various packages out there to use org-mode to
> publish *websites* but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Is there a way to
> use org-mode to add posts to an existing Drupal or Wordpress site? (I believe
> they both use the same API, that's why I'm mentioning both.) I also know I
> can
> just cut-and-paste text into the web browser, but that method fails for
> images.
>
> As a plus, it would be great if I could also edit *existing* posts (even if
> using nxtml-mode or html-mode)... but I'm happy if you could just add new
> posts...

As far as I am aware there's no such extension to orgmode right now. A
fast glance on drupals and wordpress' remote editing capabilities
shows that they use different APIs but both use xmlrpc. So in theory
it should be possible as there already is a xml-rpc library for Emacs
that works according to my experiments with xml-rpc.el quite well.

Regards,

  --David
--
OpenPGP... 0x316F4BE4670716FD