Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to add entries to an org file, not diary

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to add entries to an org file, not diary
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:04:17 +0100

On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:02 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> writes:

Dear all,
If I'm visting an agenda (C-c a a) buffer, and want to add a diary entry
for a particular day, I can use org-agenda-diary-entry, bound to 'i'.
This inserts an entry in my diary file.

What I'd like to do is add the entry instead to an org file,
e.g. 'agenda.org' where I currently store all diary-like entries.  Is
that functionality available?  (Am trying to wean myself off diary
files, after many years of using it...)

I use "k r" to call a remember buffer from a particular date in the
agenda. I also have a special remember template for appointments:

(?a "* %^{Appt}\n %t%?" nil bottom nil)

This results in an item with a timestamp that corresponds to the date
the cursor was on in the agenda.

Cool, I had forgotten this. :-)

- Carsten