[Orgmode] org-babel-tangle xml text

From: Martin G. Skjæveland
Subject: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle xml text
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:16:14 +0100

Hi all,

I am quite new to the wonderful world of org-mode and org-babel. Right now I am using org-mode to make exercises for a semantic web programming course. org-mode and its friends give me a efficient writing tool, a presentation tool, export for web, export for print and a literate programming tool. That's nice!

But I have a question. I would like to include many code snippets written in RDF (XML/RDF, N3), which are languages not supported by org-babel [1], in my document, and I would like to use the "Edit the source code example at point in its native mode"-feature of org-mode and the tangle-feature of org-babel. Now I'm specifying the language as css (see below) since it is supported by org-babel and does not add any comments to output. This works for "tangling", but not for native editing.

Is there a way I can add xml and n3 to the list of supported languages? These languages does not need interpretation, so I'm thinking it should be quite easy to add. I have fumblingly tried

  (add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-langs '("xml"))

and

  (add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-langs '("css" "xml"))

but it as no effect.

Below is a sample of what I am currently using. Running org-babel-tangle gives me the correct foaf.rdf file. I would like to swap 'css' with 'xml' so that the code can be edited and understood as xml.

#+SRCNAME: foaf-main
#+BEGIN_SRC css :tangle foaf.rdf
  <rdf:RDF>
    <<foaf-rel>>
  </rdf:RDF>
#+END_SRC

#+SRCNAME: foaf-rel
#+BEGIN_SRC css :tangle no
  <foaf:knows>
    <foaf:Person rdf:ID="timbl">
  </foaf:knows>
#+END_SRC

I hope this was clear -- and that someone can help.
Thanks!
Martin

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/org-babel.php#reference-and-documentation