[Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:55:43 -0400

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> The only difference between regular repeating tasks and habits is this:
>
>  1. Habits appear at the bottom of the agenda (by default)

Out of curiosity, might I ask what org-agenda-sorting-strategy setting
produces the default behavior? My agenda shows habits intermingled with
SCHEDULED todos. Here's my org-agenda-sorting-strategy setting.

((agenda time-up priority-down effort-down)
 (todo todo-state-up priority-down)
 (tags priority-down))

>  2. Habits can be removed by hitting K
>  3. Habits have a little graph, since you need to see consistency over
>     period of time.
>
> Another difference between habits and tasks is this: If I get to the
> end of my day and there are tasks yet undone, it means I need to
> schedule them for another day.  But if there are habits undone, *I
> never reschedule them*.  Once I reach a point during the day when I
> know I no longer have time or opportunity to work on my habits, I just
> hit K and exclude them from the view.  What it means is that I'll try
> again to do them tomorrow.

I very much appreciate this feature!

- Matt