[Orgmode] Re: Agenda and Reloading Changed Files

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda and Reloading Changed Files
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:47:40 -0400

Peter Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a couple of org files that are generated from cronjobs in the
> morning.  Throughout the day, however, reloading the agenda prompts me
> with:
>
> library.org changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h)
>
> And it does so every time I reload, even though the file hasn't changed
> since this morning.
>
> Anyone know a workaround for this?

I sync my files with git which modifies the on-disk versions separate
from my open emacs session.  I use M-x org-revert-all-org-buffers to
replace the Emacs versions with the more-correct versions on disk (newly
updated with git) -- but I don't have automatic updates.  I know exactly
when the files on disk are newer than my Emacs buffers so I can safely
use this function.

Make sure you don't have any unsaved information in _any_ org files in
emacs before you run this to sync your emacs buffers with the on disk
files -- otherwise you'll lose information.

HTH,
Bernt