Re: [Orgmode] Html Export and Containers

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Html Export and Containers
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:50:26 +0200

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Sep 18, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Ian Barton wrote:
>>
>>> As part of my "Using org on Mobile Devices" worglet, I want to try and
>>> explain
>>> how to use style sheets to present different formatting  depending on a
>>> mobile
>>> device.
>>>
>>> However, I can't find any documentation about org's default export format,
>>> in
>>> terms of how the html is contained in divs, etc. There  was a disussion a
>>> while back at http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg11661.html
>>> , but I can find anything in the org manual.
>>>
>>> If the documentation doesn't exist and someone can point me at the relevant
>>> bit of lisp code where it's defined, I promise to submit a  patch
>>> documenting
>>> it:)
>>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> the lisp code is in org-html.el, but it may be hard to find the relevant
>> pieces.
>>
>> Maybe the easiest is to make a file with all elements you care
>> about, export it and look at the resulting html.....
>

> Yes, it's quite self-explanatory.
>

> After removing all text content, you'll stay with the bare XHTML and
> everything should be obvious.
>

> This is the skeleton of a basic file without the information not needed
> like styles, JavaScript. I indented the text for readability. But note,
> that the contents of such a file vary a lot, depending on the export
> options and the files contents:

Hrrrmmhrm, second try, now as attachment...

  Sebastian

example-org-export

Table of Contents

1 One    vogonian

;; A code comment here.

2 Two

Content of `Two.

2.1 Example

This was done using beginquote.

3 TODO A task

Content of `A task'.

4 DONE A done task

CLOSED: 2009-09-18 Fr 19:29

Content of a done task.

Author: Arthur Dent <address@hidden>

Date: 2009-09-18 19:33:45 CEST

HTML generated by org-mode 6.30trans in emacs 23