Re: [Orgmode] Clock Table filter by tag or property

From: Miguel Fernando Cabrera
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Clock Table filter by tag or property
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 09:32:59 -0500

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sep 3, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Miguel Fernando Cabrera wrote:

Hi Everyone,

First I want to thank all the people that make Org-Mode possible. I have been using it almost 8 months and it is a life changer. Every week I add something new to my workflow thanks to Org-Mode capabilities. My setup can be found in github[1] if anyone is interested in in. I hope to document it soon.

I was wondering if there is a way to make a clock table to show only entries with an specify a property or tag. I think it could be useful, for example,  I have to give support to some users (e.g support on application servers and support on custom software libraries) which can be in different projects. I want to check how much time I have spent providing support no matter what project It is related to. So I could use a tag (i.e "support") and generate a clock report showing the time spentn in all the entries tagged with "support".

Hi Miguel,

I don't think  this is possible currently in clock tables,
and not so easy to implement.  What you can do is this:

The other, better possibility:  Make an agenda search for
that tag (or a more complex on where you also restrict to
certain people, for example), then switch to column view
with a columns format that contains %CLOCKSUM{:} as a
field.

This will at least show you those times, and the total of them.

HTH

- Carsten

That sounds good enough for me. I hadn't thought of getting the times that way. Thank you Carsten!

--
Miguel Fernando Cabrera Granados
http://mfcabrera.com