Re: [Orgmode] Re: Making an org file more readable

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Making an org file more readable
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:18:24 +0200

On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:11 PM, PT wrote:

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

You *can* get an empty line between two headers by having two empty lines at the end of the first section: the first empty line is considered part of
the section and is folded with it, but the second one remains. E.g.

One more thing for those who don't know this:

I took a look at the relevant part of outline.el and turns out
one empty line is enough if outline-blank-line is set to t.

It's almost perfect. It would be perfect if outline would leave
alone all empty lines after the content, so if I have e.g. two
empty lines there then it would fold non-empty lines only leaving
both empty lines visible, so that I could use as many
empty lines for separation as I want.

Actually, Org pretty much overrules what outline does in this context.

I have just pushed a modification so that you can, after pulling
from git, set org-cycle-separator-lines to a negative number.
If you set it to -N, N empty lines will be required in order
to get a separation.  But, if there are enough empty lines,
all will be shown.

You might want to set this to -1., I like my old value of +2 best.

- Carsten