[Orgmode] Re: Org-special-blocks for code chunks

From: Chris Gray
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-special-blocks for code chunks
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:56:08 +0200

Hi Seb,

Thanks for testing things so extensively.

> Look, I've done an ECM with the different ways I currently see for Org-mode:

I've never seen the term ECM before.  What does it mean?

> Conclusions?

> - Org-special-blocks seems to misbehave in cases A3/B3 (adding an unsound
>   environment) and A4 (letting the underscore being converted);

I would argue that it is only misbehaving in A3 and B3, since the whole
point of org-special-blocks is that org-style interpretation of your
text is happening inside the blocks.  In this sense, it was never really
meant to be used with verbatim-type environments.  (I use it mainly for
things like lemma and proof environments).

I think that A3/B3 show a bug, though, so that should be fixed.  (Either
with a special case in org-special-blocks or by moving the hook around
in org-exp-latex).  I will try to have a look at this later.

> - Though, case A1 is not very friendly: nothing tells I'm inline LaTeX code
>   (what about other exports, as HTML and the like?)

I'm not sure, but I think it sends the whole thing to latex and then
renders the output as an image.

Cheers,
Chris