Re: [Orgmode] Narrow tSparse Trees layout

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Narrow tSparse Trees layout
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 03:17:10 +0800

Hi Cian,

Cian OConnor <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be nice if there was an option so that narrowed trees are
> displayed without their normal indentation. So for example if narrow a
> subtree at level 4, then it is displayed as a normal tree at level 1
> rather than as a tree starting at level 4 as currently happens.

I still would find such a display a bit confusing.

> Its just that when drafting papers I tend to have lots and lots of
> indentation in early drafts, and while narrowing trees is a godsend, the
> unnecessary (for my purposes) indentation is slightly annoying.

If the purpose of such a temporary display is to make the export render
the structure of the narrowed buffer as if it was a top-level subtree,
then I agree this is useful.  You can already achieve this by selecting
the whole narrowed subtree (with transient-mark-mode on) and exporting
the region.

But maybe a narrowed tree should be considered as a selected region by
default...

--
 Bastien