[Orgmode] Sibling subtrees are closed when items moved up and down in li

From: User
Subject: [Orgmode] Sibling subtrees are closed when items moved up and down in list
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:47:25 +0000 (UTC)

I noticed when moving items up and down that subtrees of items on
the same level are closed during the moving. From a user point of
view it's a bit disorientating when I have a tree structure
opened in a certain folded state and I move it up or down then
sibling strees are suddenly closed changing the landscape view of
the tree and forcing the user readjust his visual comprehension
of the tree.

Is it intentional or is it a side effect of the current
implementation?

I think it would be better if tree folding status were preserved
after moving if possible, so the current visual layout of
the tree is affected as little as possible.