Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] HTML exporting numbered literal examples

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] HTML exporting numbered literal examples
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:50:18 +0200

Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:

> I think, those examples are easy to make up.  Line numbers are great for
> file contents and maybe input /or/ output.  But as soon as in- and output
> are mixed up I find them rather disturbing (imagine e.g. a shell
> session).  On the other hand removing labels and having that nice
> highlighting feature with HTML exported files maybe useful in either
> case.

I understand...

> I had a quick look at `org-export-number-lines' and the following seems
> to work smoothly ...

Thanks for the patch.  One problem though: now the first link (from the
manuals example) looks like "sc" but there is no "sc" left in the source
code.  This is a bit confusing, no?  So if we plan to make references to
lines of code, it make sense to have either the line numbering or the
labels (or both).  What do you think?

--
 Bastien