Re: [Orgmode] Proper way to "link" external files into a project?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Proper way to "link" external files into a project?
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:58:13 +0200

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to include several files into an org-mode project that live
> outside the project tree. I tried to just symlink them into the
> appropriate place into my project, and thought that might suffice to get
> them published correctly, but that doesn't work out, as org-mode doesn't
> consider the symlink's name, but the "true" filename; for example, I
> have this:

First of all: How about hardlinks?

Second:

  See
  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.php#sec-7.1

  That shows how you can share files between projects, simply by pulling
  them in through a special export  project.
  I use this technique a lot. One advantage is that each project has a
  complete set of files.
  The drawbacks are minor for my use-case, but that might vary. But as
  linking was enough, this approach should be fine.

   Sebastian