[Orgmode] Re: Publishing subsections of an orgmode file (HTML)

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Publishing subsections of an orgmode file (HTML)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:38:09 -0500

Ben <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that's my first post here and I would like first of all to
> thank you all for your amazing work.

Welcome!

> My first question is: How can I publish a subsection of one of these
> files as a webpage (and this subsection only)? I occasionally do that
> manually with C-c C-e [R] export-region, which export the subsection
> as a HTML page in an Emacs buffer. What I would like to do is to put a
> comment in the org file subsection to set the HTML 'target' location
> page such as
>
> * Topic A
> ** Things to do [...] (private)
> ** Interesting Notes I would like to publish
> #+THIS_REGION_TARGET_FILE=~/public_html/myfile.html

You can specify the target file for an exported region using the
property EXPORT_FILE_NAME. E.g.

* Topic A
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: ~/public_html/myfile.html
  :END:
** Things to do [...] (private)
** Interesting Notes I would like to publish

You'll need to select the tree with C-c @ before exporting for this to
work.

See this section of the manual for more information:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html

Best,
Matt