Re: [Orgmode] Re: indent list item and change list type automatically

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: indent list item and change list type automatically
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:44:08 +0200

On Jun 29, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Hi all,

I wonder if my question was too complicated or too stupid?

Not at all.  It is only that the implementation should still
allow flexibility to change list types if you wish and not
immediately get this change reversed.

I have now implemented the following which does follow your request:

(setq org-list-demote-modify-bullet
      '(("-" . "*") ("*" . "-")))

This works for entering lists as you describe it.  It does not
work for modifying lists by demotion/promotion, so you mileage may
vary.  It allows you to enter an ordered list and not have it
messed up.

Comments are welcome.....

- Carsten

Thanks for considering.

Rainer

Rainer Stengele schrieb:
Hi all,

using org-mode for quite some time now I always look at operations (key
sequences) I repeat a lot of times.

A lot of times I start a list with an item and immediately indent the
next item as subitem.

From

- item 1
- subitem 11

I go to

- item 1
 - subitem 11

via "M-right". Then I always want to change the style of the subitem
list to "*". I do this via "S-right-right".

I wonder how others work. I would like to automatically have changed the
subitem list type to "*" as soon as I indent via "Alt-right". Next
indentation should go back to "-". etc.

Maybe we could introduce a variable that sets the order of standard list
item types, in my case: "- * - * - * - *" as in

- item 1
 * subitem 11
   - subitem 111
     * subitem 111

very special I know but I try to reduce the keypressings as much as
possible. Any other suggestions?

Rainer