[Orgmode] Re: Release 6.28

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Release 6.28
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:17:50 +0200

Christian Egli <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:

>>> IMHO setting scheduled (and maybe deadline) date would make sense.
>>
>> In what sense?  Shifting all dates by the same amount, or setting them
>> all to a fixed date?
>
> I usually display unscheduled TODO items in my agenda as well
> (org-agenda-include-all-todo), so if I decide that I should work on some
> of them next week then a bulk action to schedule them might come in
> handy.
>
> So one use case is to set a fixed scheduled date for a number of TODOs.
> In my case these are tasks that have not been scheduled yet.
>
> Another use case is when I decide that there will not be enough time
> this week to complete all scheduled tasks. I want to move some of the
> tasks to next week. This could be either a shift by 7 days or a
> rescheduling to next monday (a fixed date).

Yes, both shifting by the same amount and setting a fixed date can be
useful. I usually re-schedule leftover todos by shifting them by one
or two working days to the future. So originally I had a bulk version of
`org-agenda-do-date-later' and friends in mind as opposed to
`org-agenda-schedule'. But the latter one would be useful to. Ideally,
S-left, C-cC-s et al. would trigger a bulk shift/bulk schedule whenever
there are marked agenda items.

Ulf