[Orgmode] org-plot : interaction problem with gnuplot

From: d . tchin
Subject: [Orgmode] org-plot : interaction problem with gnuplot
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:55:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I would like to use gnuplot with org-mode tabular function.But I
haven't managed to use it until now.
I would like to submit to you few remarks I have done.

I use GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) on Microsoft Windows XP OS.
I have installed gnuplot and I can use it with gnuplot-mode.

I tried to follow the tutorial of Eric Schulte but I didn't manage to get a
plot of
simple example extracted from the tutorial.

I use these data defined in a file orgplot.org :
#+PLOT: title:"Citas" ind:1 deps:(3) type:2d with:histograms set:"yrange [0:]"
| Sede       | Max cites | H-index |
|------------+-----------+---------|
| Chile      |    257.72 |   21.39 |
| Leeds      |    165.77 |   19.68 |
| São Paolo |     71.00 |   11.50 |
| Stockholm  |    134.19 |   14.33 |
| Morelia    |    257.56 |   17.67 |

When I use org-plot/gnuplot, gnuplot is launched with only the reset command
and emacs is totally freezed. To get back to emacs, I use \C-g command.

I have checked few things :

- org-plot/gnuplot managed to build a temporay file org-plot???? with the
following
  data

"Chile" 257.72  21.39
"Leeds" 165.77  19.68
"São Paolo"    71.00   11.50
"Stockholm"     134.19  14.33
"Morelia"       257.56  17.67

- I suppose that org-plot/gnuplot builds a temporary buffer with the
instructions
  that will be sent to gnuplot. I checked that *gnuplot* buffer with
  gnuplot-show-gnuplot-buffer. There is only the reset command.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem ?

Regards

Tchin

Découvrez Cocoon et Catpower dans notre sélection musicale folk sur Voila
http://musiline.voila.fr