Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:14:58 +0200

On Jun 10, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
[-foo-]." For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your
car."

Our project is a uniquely rich life management and publishing tool, with
immense potential for extension by virtue of its implementation in
emacs.

2. Complete this sentence, also in about 140 characters: "We should win because [-bar-]." For example, "We should win because we have a strong
community and we solve a universal problem."

We should win because org is an immensely flexible and yet razor-sharp
tool for users today, built out of code that will be extended for
decades to come.

[My two sentences are rather similar...]

3. Please provide a logo (or screenshot, if you'd prefer) for your
project.  It should be at least 640x480, but we'll also be showing it
as a thumbnail.

I tend to think that we want a screenshot. I doubt it would be as hard
to describe all the features of any of our competitors as it is for org!
So a screenshot seems like a good chance to pack it all in. I like
Brian's suggestion of split-windows. Maybe we could collaborate on a
bundle containing a minimal .emacs, color-theme code, and an org file
that sets up the color scheme, window confuguration and contents, and
people could submit patches / screenshots to improve it? [I like the win
competition checkbox]

A friend of mine is working on a pretty nice color scheme that will also work reasonably well with the unicorn icon next to it or embedded. I hope that we can use that for a nice screen shot. I like the idea to make a nice screen setup, with an Org file and the agenda maybe, based on a simple example file.

We need to finish this stuff by Sunday (european time) because I am traveling Monday/Tuesday and would like to send the stuff on Sunday at the latest.

- Carsten

Dan

4. This one is optional, but it could make a big difference. We'd like to show our voters a video that introduces them to the core members of
your team.  Send along the URL (on YouTube) and we'll make sure they
see it!

6. Our finalists are usually pretty interesting people.  Are you
willing to be contacted by our public relations team about interviews
with the press?