Re: [Orgmode] how to make TAB in agenda cycle the outline

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how to make TAB in agenda cycle the outline
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:13:20 +0200

On Jun 1, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:

I am trying to make TAB in the agenda cycle the node in the other
window, while keeping point in the agenda (ideally creating the other
window via SPC if it doesn't already exist).  I am finding it a little
difficult.  Any tips?

Since TAB is used to go to the location in another window, I would recommend using SPACE for this purpose:

(add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    (define-key org-agenda-keymap " " 'org-agenda-cycle-show)
    (define-key org-agenda-mode-map " " 'org-agenda-cycle-show)))

If you prefer TAB, use

(add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    (define-key org-agenda-keymap [tab] 'org-agenda-cycle-show)
    (define-key org-agenda-mode-map [tab] 'org-agenda-cycle-show)))

`org-agenda-cycle-show' does almost, but not quite what org-cycle does.
On first call, it just shows the entry like SPACE would.
Further calls expose more context, including eventually even
the LOGBOOK, before switching back to a folded state.

I wrote this command a while ago and wanted to bind it to
SPC by default,  but something must have stopped me back then.
Maybe, if a few people use this now, we can still decide to do so.

- Carsten

Thanks.

P.S.  Is there a reason why point is at bob in the agenda?  If not,
maybe moving it to the first headline would be useful (dired does
something similar).

In the agenda, the cursor stars out on the date line for TODAY.

- Carsten