Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode on sloooow computer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode on sloooow computer
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:35:50 +0200

On Apr 24, 2009, at 12:25 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Does seem faster!  Numbers indicate a 2x improvement?

Yes.

With some more improvements (available now) this should get down to 1.5 seconds. Not perfect, but almost a factor of three from the original 4.35 seconds.

Please, everybody watch out for strange behavior in the agenda, to make sure I have not messed up anything while doing the optimization.

We should to profiling more often, this can apparently make a big difference.....

- Carsten