[Orgmode] date format and locale

From: Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy
Subject: [Orgmode] date format and locale
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:43:42 +1100

Hi,

I'm a new comer to org-mode. I usually start my Emacs with vi_VN.UTF-8
locale and notice org-mode date output use the localized format too,
instead of standard one. I believe locale-independent format would be
better, but don't know how to do it. Seems like %a and other
locale-dependent must be replaced with locale-independent ones. Any
comments?

BTW, org-mode does not support timezone. I know Emacs' current-time
does not support timezone, so there is probably no way for org-mode to
detect correct timezone. But is there plan for supporting timezone
with user input, e.g. via property TIMEZONE?

Thanks,
--
Duy