Re: [Orgmode] Re: monthly report

From: Micah Anderson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: monthly report
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:57:25 -0400

* Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> [2009-03-18 04:42-0400]:

> On Mar 17, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Micah Anderson wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:

[snip: lisp function (26 lines)]

>> Ok, I tried this and I'm not sure what it did, if anything. I get the
>> mini-buffer saying, 'Specified time is not representable' I've tried
>> various date range possibilities, and can't get it to work.
>
> It seems that you are specifying the date in an invalid way.
> What are you typing when prompted for a date?

Ok, I restarted emacs and tried again, and now I am not given this
mini-buffer message at all. On restart, I found an error in my .emacs,
which could have been causing this issue. Chalk that up to confused
internal state I guess.

However, org-closed-in-range still doesn't seem to be doing anything
interesting, as far as I can tell. It folded up my org file, but thats
about it.

Maybe there is a better way for me to get at what I want, and I just
haven't found it yet (I am pretty new at org) and debugging this might
not be the best thing to do if there is something better to solve my
need. I basically just need to, at the end of the week, produce a report
of what I've worked on for that week, both things I finished, but also
things that are still in progress. Including the time spent is useful
too. I can go into the agenda and hit 'R' to get a time-table at the end
of the page, but I need a more granual day-by-day breakdown (Monday:
4hrs, worked on X, Y and completed Z).

thanks for your response!
micah