[Orgmode] Re: Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files

From: Charles Cave
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:22:49 +0000 (UTC)

Mark Elston <m.elston <at> advantest-ard.com> writes:

> The only thing better would be a way to use this package to
> update the nodes and then write them back out.  Hmmmmm......

The changes to the package to write the node output out are...

1. A means of storing the org-mode preamble .. all the lines before
the first headline.  Maybe this could be in a node with level 0
and headline of null. The bodytext of this object could be
the preamble lines.

2. A method to output a node in ord-mode format echoing the
** prefix, TODO tag, headline, tags, properties and body text.

3. The module currently discards lines beginning with #.
These should now be preserved.

I wouldnt imagine this being a great deal of work.
I will add this to my (very long list) of things to do!