Re: [Orgmode] visiting org-remember template target files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] visiting org-remember template target files
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:15:27 +0100

On Mar 15, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

I've come to rely on org-remember for many daily purposes. In order to be able to readily access the target files, I've kept a set of links in a separate file---an index, as it were.

I would find it extremely useful to have a way to access these files as needed in the same familiar way I access the template. The obvious solution would be, perhaps, a \C-u prefix to the org- remember command I now have mapped to C-c r.

If you think it should work like this, with a C-u prefix,
why don't you simply try, or check the docstring of org-remember?

`C-u C-c r' will go to the target location without adding anything.

:-)

- Carsten

However, it would be quite nice to always have an option when calling org-remember to just visit the file without adding anything to it.

I imagine this would be quite some work, but I throw it up as a suggestion. If nothing else, I will set up another set of templates on a different key, to just visit the same files with, let us say, C- c 5.

Org-remember is extremely useful.  This would make it even more so.

Alan

--
Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one non-existent." ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell