[Orgmode] Re: removal of appointments

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: removal of appointments
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:12:24 +0100

Richard,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:02:19 +0100
Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:

> While on the subject, is there any concept of an "alarm" in
> org? Or is this just a scheduled item? It would be nice of there was a
> way to trigger specific functions based on the tags  -e.g play wave file
> for a reminder of a task of a certain type. Is there something like this
> anyone can recommend or point me to? I would like to configure org as my
> alarm clock too!

if you are willing to run another application you can do it with remind.

There exisits an org2rem script you could add a hook to to automatically
invoke, I guess, after inserting a timed appointment. Remind itself can run in
daemon mode
and has very easy syntax to run arbitrary commands at arbitrary times :-)

As you only had a one-way push and no problems syncing remind and org
it may well be a usable way.

Nice introduction from remind's author:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3529

Homepage:
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind

Greeting from the other side of the city
Detlef