Re: [Orgmode] bug? setting todo keywords

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? setting todo keywords
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:07:55 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mer 4/3/09, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
Hi, Matthew,

thanks for replying.

> > ---------------------file---------
> >     -*- mode: org; -*-
> >  * TODO 1st head
> >
> > (setq org-todo-keywords '((sequence "TODO" "FEEDBACK"
> > "VERIFY" "|" "DONE" "DELEGATED")))
> >
> >   # + SEQ_TODO: TODO FEEDBACK VERIFY  DONE
> >
> > (setq org-todo-keywords '((type "Fred" "Sara" "Lucy"
> > "|" "DONE")))
> > --------------
> >
> Is there a reason that you're putting all these lines in
> your org file?

 Well I'd like to have all the settings exploiting
"Local variables"
  (for some reasons, last but not least to answer
  "variables polls" faster and with less work
   for Manish ;).
 But, IMHO :-), local variables are bad beasts, being
difficult to configure.
 So first of all I wanted to be sure I could change the
todo-keywords on a per file basis with setq. Only then
I will fight with the local variables syntax..

> Normally, you would put #1 *or* #3 in your .emacs file and
> #2 at the top of your org file for in buffer settings.

BTW It works also if it is in the middle.

> > If I
> > + go to )))
> > + C-x C-e
> > + M-x normal-mode  (to restart Org-mode)
>
> I think you need to use M-x org-mode-restart to restart
> org-mode with the new settings.

It doesn't work either. Thanks anyway.

I suspect I have to change also some other variable
or setting besides org-todo-keyword, but I don't have
any idea.

Giovanni