[Orgmode] Re: DocBook exporter for Org-mode

From: Paul R
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: DocBook exporter for Org-mode
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:31:48 +0100

Hi,

Sebastian> Anyway, I'd prefere to export to _one_ XML format from
Sebastian> Org-mode and provide xslt stylesheets to translate between
Sebastian> different formats.

Sebastian> That way we all would concentrate on one XML exporter (e.g.
Sebastian> the XHTML exporter) and could provide xslt stylesheets to
Sebastian> transform the output.

Sebastian> This would guaranty a slitely more complete and bugfree
Sebastian> export, which is configured from one
Sebastian> org-publish-project-alist.

Yes, I also think this is a better way of exporting.

The nice thing about org-mode export system is the output-specific
regions (like between begin_latex and end_latex) that allow to stay
working in the org version of your document for more time. Final output
hand tuning is often necessary, but it is nice to push this step back if
possible.

Pandoc is good also, and LaTeX can be inlined as well :
http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

I wonder wether this can be done using docbook as an intermediate step.

--
  Paul