Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda-follow-mode and vertical buffers

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda-follow-mode and vertical buffers
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:11:56 -0600

Hi Spike,

Spike Spiegel <address@hidden> writes:

> All my headlines tend to be quite short with a fair amount of notes so
> when I'm looking at my agenda it's very useful for me to have the
> follow mode on. Unfortunately the horizontal buffer causes me quite a
> bit of pain drastically reducing the amount of items I can see at one
> time while half of my screen is completely empty. I've tried to look
> at org-agenda.el but while I see where that's defined and set I can't
> find where it's used and the decision about the type of buffer made.
> Can anybody help please?

Check out the variable org-agenda-window-setup.

If you set this either to other-window or current-window, it will
preserve your current window arrangement. For instance, if you have your
frame divided vertically into two side-by-side windows, it will enable
you to see the agenda side-by-side with your currently visible org file.

Best,

Matt